Aberdeen Client Resources
All Aberdeen Clients received this letter from our President, Joanne MacInnis RN, and a flyer created by three of the leading Home Care bodies in Massachusetts. This flyer was created to encourage the safety of all members in the home: the client, their family, and any visiting home care workers. Click to view the letter and flyer.
How can you help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Carefully select your sources: News outlets are often looking for ratings. Avoid clickbait.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are solid sources.
- Everyone is now “an expert.” Rely on the REAL experts. Not Facebook or Twitter…
- Help older adults and others in your network understand the risks and suggested behavior modification. Click here to read the CDC’s recommendations.
Remember The 3 W’S:
Wear your mask
Wash your hands
Watch where you go
- Get Vaccinated!
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Dispose of tissue and wash hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances, and in your car for use after getting gas or touching other public surfaces.
- Frequently clean/disinfect surfaces and frequently touched areas (light switches, doorknobs, faucets, etc.). Use disinfectant wipes at the store when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Don’t shake hands – instead try a fun wave, nod, etc.
- Keep your hands AWAY from your eyes, mouth, nose…FACE.
- Keep children’s hands clean and consider their public exposure.
- Open doors with a paper towel, closed fist, or your hip. Try not to grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way. Especially bathroom, Post Office, and commercial doors.
COVID-19 Vaccine | Information & Resources
Instilling confidence in COVID-19 vaccination through education & support
Aberdeen does not endorse or promote any specific COVID-19 vaccination or related products. The website aims to serve as a resource on COVID-19 vaccine information generally. Aberdeen Home Care recommends that individuals talk to their doctor about the safety, effectiveness, benefits and risks of the COVID-19 vaccine. The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Aberdeen Home Care. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Caring Voice Podcast Links
Sunday morning radio show with Joanne MacInnis RN. Joanne brings original, insightful, and absolutely essential elder health and wellness expertise to seniors and their families.
Information at the Nurse's Station with Joanne RN: Gloves, COVID-19, and...peanut butter??? | There's a right way and a wrong way to use gloves. They can give you a false sense of security. | In this video, Joanne demonstrates what happens when you touch contaminated surfaces by using PEANUT BUTTER! It gives us a great visual of this invisible enemy we're battling. Joanne also shares what she does when it comes time to pay at the grocery store or gas pump.
Call their i211. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All calls are free and confidential. Interpreter services are available in multiple languages.