Often elders minimize their own frailty and need, fearing that realization of these issues by family members may jeopardize their ability to remain living independently.
When an elder’s deficit compromises safety and wellbeing at home, difficult decisions must be made. Removing elders from home to any alternative location often can have profoundly disruptive results.
Each individual and family have specific desires and goals when approaching complex decisions concerning care for a beloved family member. Registered Nurse Care Managers can create a customized plan of care, considering all the details that are important to your family.
Substantial research done on Elder Care regarding retention of health, mental status and satisfaction of life, shows that receiving the appropriate level of care while at home:
- Maintains or Improves Personal Mobility
- Maintains or Improves Mental Status
- Decreases Illness and Doctors Office Visits
- Decreases Emergency Room Visits
- Increases Longevity and Quality of Life
Aberdeen caregivers can assume full responsibility or work as a team with family members to ensure that the elder living at home receives:
- Daily Monitoring for Safety
- Medication Assistance
- Personal Care and Hygiene
- Incontinence Care
- Bathing and Dressing
- Grocery Shopping & Meal Preparation
- Errands and Transportation
- Home Management